go to osumlibrarylabs.wordpress.com
1 in 3 people attending a library program in California is going to a preschool program. We are the 33%.
How to write a Manifesto:
Distribute trading cards (at least 2 per person).
- There are 3 “suits.”
- The baby cards represent your community. What can storytime do to help?
- The finger puppet cards are your tools. Why do they matter?
- The star cards are your message. What would you shout from the rooftops?
Trade cards. Talk to other people. Ask questions!
- Collect at least one card that excites you.
- Catalog yourselves!
- Hold up one card that excites you.
- Find the number on your card.
- Now go find your number buddies.
- Try to form groups of 5 to 7 people.
- In 60 seconds or less, tell your group why you are passionate about the concept on your card.
Discuss! Debate! Write!
- Come up with a one sentence manifesto that expresses your passions.
- Your manifesto should be simple, persuasive, and easy for anyone to understand.
- Share your manifesto with the room.
- Share your manifesto with the world!